This course will cover the principles of business continuity and organizational resilience and their importance within the enterprise risk management framework. Organizational resilience is the ability of an organization to adapt to change, understand its vulnerabilities and anticipate future threats and opportunities, while business continuity focuses on recovery from disruptions. This course will provide worked through examples and real life case studies of organizations responding to changing business conditions. At a time when organizations across the world are turning to their business continuity plans, it has never been more vital to ensure their effectiveness and invest in organizational resilience for the future.
This course will be split into four 90 minute modules with a mix of theory, practical examples and activities;
MODULE 1: Overview, Principles and Examples
- Overview of organizational resilience and business continuity
- Benefits of robust organizational resilience.
- Discuss real life case studies, including the Covid-19 pandemic.
MODULE 2: Evolution and Capability
- The origins of business continuity and frequently asked questions
- The evolution of organizational resilience.
- Building capability and maturity across an organization
- Integrating business continuity with Enterprise Rise Management (ERM).
MODULE 3: Structure and Lifecycle
- Understand the high level structure for business continuity: context, leadership, planning, support and operations.
- Communication strategies to support business continuity
- Understand the key elements of an effective business continuity plan
MODULE 4: Business Impact Risk Assessment
- Explore a Business Impact Risk Analysis (BIRA)
- The role of recording and reporting in business continuity management
- Learn how to plan and
- execute a successful risk scenario exercise.
Who this course is for?
This is a broad based approach to business continuity and organizational resilience to provide a baseline knowledge across your organization from board level to middle management.
Duration and format
This is a one day course including;
- Six hours of recorded training material, split into
- four 1.5 hour modules
- Trainee handbook and activity book
- Four practical activities at the end of each module
- An end of course assessment.
This course will help you to:
- Understand the role of organizational resilience in enabling effective response and adaption to change.
- Review the key elements of an effective
- business continuity plan as well as management and communication strategies.
- Apply organizational resilience processes to your organization to improve decision making, react to threats and anticipate opportunities.
- Explore real life case studies and examples of organizational resilience and business continuity planning and execution.