The head of Risk Analytics unit for is leadership of risk analysis and assessment activity across the institute. The unit is responsible for the extraction of meaningful business insights from data and build/ leverage predictive models to create decision strategies that will optimize business performance. Projects that are linked to the job would be a multi-disciplinary and will require coordination cross-functionally with other departments and projects to research and implement risk & analytical solutions.
Director, Consulting Services & Research
- Assist with leadership for risk metrics within projects functions
- Collaborates with other Risk Analytics teams at regional and global level
- Conduct primary and secondary research to support the formulation of analytical solutions, the development of economic models and the interpretation of results
- Perform analyses on large data sets to discover trends, drive business insights and protect business
- Collect, compile and assess existing research, and assess the applicability of results to the problem at hand
- Execute, Analyze and interpret monthly and quarterly baseline processes and reports.
- Validate, research and analyze data to frame and answer ad-hoc analytical questions.
- Write and present findings that require an ability to communicate complex analytical concepts
- Working with global risk partners to ensure global alignment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk, Statistics, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Master’s degree preferred in Risk Management, Economics or Engineering related field
- Five years of related experience in risk research and analytics—this will be re-considered for Master degree holders
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and high quality self-review of work products
- Fluency in English and Arabic – written & spoken
- Experience in analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Understanding of quantitative risk management
Skills and Competencies
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity
- Knowledge of economic/econometric methods is needed
- Experience with analytical packages and/or programming languages (SAS, Eviews, SPSS, etc) and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results-driven problem solver with excellent written and oral communication skills
Key to Success
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Change leadership
- Ability to work across silos
- Comfortable in the space between no longer and not yet
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and topics
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the company
- Ability to use data to formulate and flex communications
We are growing institute and offer a multifaceted and challenging function in a dynamic and international environment with a wide range of career and advancements opportunities. We offer an intensive professional development and training programs, a performance-related compensation combined with attractive social benefits.