Head of Event Management position requires overseeing and organizing events that will make an impact to a target audience. This includes ensuring events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. An event manager is, above all, a project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques. Responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations.
Director, Industry Engagement
- Plan event from start to finish according to target audience and objectives
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems
- Be in charge of outsourcing tasks or hiring personnel (DJs, waiters etc.)
- Coordinate all operations and supervise all staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, PR, Marketing, hospitality management or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven years of related experience in any educational institution as event manager.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- A team player with leadership skills
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Hands-on experience using Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English and Arabic – written and spoken
Skills and Competencies
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and present information effectively and confidently when working with others
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity
- Knowledge of economic and econometric methods
- Self-motivated and proactive, and results-driven problem solver with excellent written and communication skills
Key to Success
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Change leadership
- Ability to work across silos
- Comfortable in the space between no longer and not yet
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and topics
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the company
- Ability to use data to formulate and flex communications
We are growing institute and offer a multifaceted and challenging function in a dynamic and international environment with a wide range of career and advancements opportunities. We offer an intensive professional development and training programs, a performance-related compensation combined with attractive social benefits.