Accountant position requires undertaking aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures and financial risk management
Director, Shared Services
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Two years of related experience in accounting, finance, financial reporting, data entry management —this will be re-considered for Master degree holders
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and high quality self-review of work products
- Fluency in English and Arabic – written & spoken
- Experience in analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Understanding of quantitative risk management
Skills and Competencies
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and present information effectively and confidently when working with others
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity
- Knowledge of economic and econometric methods
- Self-motivated and proactive, and results-driven problem solver with excellent written and communication skills
Key to Success
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Ability to work across silos
- Comfortable in the space between no longer and not yet
- Ability to use data to formulate and flex communications
- General Math Skills
We are growing institute and offer a multifaceted and challenging function in a dynamic and international environment with a wide range of career and advancements opportunities. We offer an intensive professional development and training programs, a performance-related compensation combined with attractive social benefits.